Montana’s rivers hold a wealth of riches, and Paddling Montana features thirty-two river trips for avid paddlers, floaters, and anglers. History buffs can follow the routes of Lewis and Clark along the Missouri, the Jefferson, the Beaverhead, and the Bitterroot. Whitewater enthusiasts can head for the Gallatin or the Madison’s Beartrap Canyon.
Authors Hank and Carol Fischer, who live in Missoula, Montana, joined forces with their son, Kit Fischer, to update this guide and offer additional tips on the best rivers for bird-watching, wildlife viewing, fishing, waterfowl hunting, and guided rafting trips.
For more than twenty-five years, FalconGuides® have set the standard for
outdoor guidebooks. Written by top experts, each guide invites you to experience the adventure and beauty of the outdoors.
Look inside to find:
• Detailed river descriptions
• Maps showing access points and river miles
• Level of difficulty, optimal flows, rapids, and other hazards
• Who to call for up-to-the minute information on floating conditions
• A brief overview of Lewisand Clark’s historic paddle through Montana